My Book

My Book

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A baby was born today

Good afternoon,
I pray that the day is finding you well.

I baby was born today.

A little child of God came into this world.

Aurora was born this morning to a loving mother and a doting father. Laurie, my wife, and I got the call at 3:45am this morning from our son that they were in the hospital and to come right away. So we quickly got up and dressed. As we drove to the hospital we were very anxious and excited. We got there and waited.

Aurora came into this world a few hours later, and we were ushered in to the room to see our grandchild. Meagan and Brandon were all smiles and the love for their child was all over their faces.

They handed me my grandchild and as I held her I looked at her perfect little face and my love for this little being instantly going to the clouds my thoughts went to God and how He must look at us and how His love for us is even greater than we can ever imagine. But holding her I know that if His love is unimaginable, and feeling the amount of love that I have for her, the amount of love that God has for us is huge.

As I held her I found myself repeating some words that God has said to us; first told by Moses to the Hebrews when they were in the desert... “for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6. And then in a more personal way in Joshua, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Joshua 1:5. I looked at her and prayed, I told her that I would never leave her nor forsake her. That I would watch over her and her parents.

As I think about this little child, this brand new baby I am reminded of the words of Paul:

“17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17.

This baby is a new creation, but so are we.

I’m pretty tired, I think I will take a nap. Congratulations Brandon and Meagan

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment