My Book

My Book

Monday, October 15, 2012

There was a Collision Saturday night

Good morning,
I pray the day is finding you well.

We held a Collision event Saturday night.

You might be asking yourself, "What is a Collision event?"

A Collision event is where teens collide with the Risen Christ.

We held the event at our YMCA.

It is quite an event actually. We set up a game room in the community room, this is a room that has all different types of video games; it is also a place where the kids eat pizza. We have a girls only room set up in our fun club room. It is a place where the girls can go and have conversations. The room comes complete with a chocolate fountain, the girls love having this space. We played basketball, volleyball, dodge ball; we even had a paint wall out back. We had a worship concert; not just nay worship concert but one with a well-known Christian band.

149 kids showed up for Collision.

This was our third Collision event.

45 kids showed up at our first Collision.

92 kids showed up at our second Collision.

149 kids showed up at this Collision.

The climax of the night we ask the kids to make a decision.

At our first Collision we had 15 kids make a decision for Christ.

At our second Collision we had 34 kids make a decision for Christ.

42 kids made a decision for Christ Saturday night.

In the last year, we had 286 kids come to Collision.

In the last year, we had 91 kids comes into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

91 kids whose lives are forever changed.

After the event, Brandon; the pastor of Rhapsody Church, and my partner in ministry at the YMCA said, "Roger, 10 years ago would you have ever thought 91 kids would have been saved in a YMCA gymnasium?" I answered 10 years ago, the pastors used to call us the YMA, there was no “C” in it. Today is a different story. We are known as the YMCA.

I am reminded of a song; it goes like this.

Come away with me, come away
It's never too late,
it's never too late,
it's not too late for you.

I have a plan for you,
I have a plan.
It's going to be wild,
it's going to be great,
it's going to be full of me

As I look back at our Saturday night at the YMCA, Two verses comes to mind.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. (Revelation 22:17

All we did Saturday night was set the table and invite teens to join us, Christ did the rest.

I just wanted to share this with you.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment