My Book

My Book

Saturday, July 27, 2013

God provides

Good morning,
I pray the day is finding you well.

I went to Holy Yoga yesterday.

Holy Yoga is a class at our YMCA. It is a class where you are led through a series of stretches and poses while at the same time the instructor reads scripture verses, prays for you, and gives you things of God to meditate on. It is held from noon to 1pm. The class is a wonderful way to reframe and refocus your day. Every class begins and ends in prayer.

As I sat on my mat holding a pose in yesterday's class I was meditating on the phrase, "God will provide."

The word provide comes from the Latin word "providēre" which literally means, "to see ahead". Pro meaning "forward" and vidēre "to see".

God will provide.

Many times, in our western sense of things, when we hear this this our minds go to monetary things. We hear, "God will provide" and we say to ourselves, "Is God going to give me a new house or is God going to give me a new car?" Maybe He will, maybe He won't.

I really don't think God is all that interested in cars.

I really don't think that God is all that interested in houses.

What I do think is that God is interested in you, in me, in us.

God does want the best for us.

Life is full of ups and downs.

Times of happiness and times of great sadness.

There will be times when we feel in control.

There will be times when we feel that life is too big and we have little or no control.

God will provide.

I was talking with a friend yesterday. During our conversation I said to her, "I have been living in the mystery so long that life would be boring without it."

As we talked we started recounting how God has been there for us in our lives to:

Provide comfort in times of need.

Provide people that would help us during times of distress.

God has used our painful times as a way to relate to people that are going are going through painful times themselves.

God provides people for us to minister to.

God provides opportunities to show people a glimpse of Him.

God provides.

My prayer this morning is, "Father, give me eyes to see what it is that you are providing. You know what I want you to provide. Not my will Father, but your will be done. Amen."

Laurie and I are going to a wedding today. I can't wait to see how God provides.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment