My Book

My Book

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Home again

Good morning,
I pray the day is finding you well.

I'm back at the river lodge.

I arrived home yesterday afternoon. Chuck dropped me off. We unloaded my gear from the bike, and said our goodbyes. He headed home and I kissed my wife hello.

It is good to be home.

Chuck said, "It is good to get away, but great to come home. In the end we are both home buddies.

It was an amazing trip, filled with amazing things.

We had good days.

We had bad days.

We had great days.

We had a terrible day.

Looking back our trip really was a microcosm of life.

My bike blew up.

This could have been a flat tire experience. Instead God used it to bring a person to Christ. Someone else will be helped from the proceeds, and hopefully a group of people will look at life through a different lens. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Lone Wolf Harley and the people there.

Thank you again Paul, Sasha, Sandy and especially Beth. Love you lots.

Riding two up on a bike has taught me many things. I learned what it is to be a second seater.

We rode through some of the most beautiful country we had ever seen.

We stayed in hotels. We stayed with family.

It was my pleasure to introduce Chuck to my family.

We saw a number of YMCA's. Our favorite was the Mankato YMCA, it truly is a special place.

I was able to see what my sister does, feeding those in need.

These were great days.

In Rapid City, Chuck needed a new tire. He had not expected to do this.

It was a bad day.

Christ used the down time, as we waited for Chuck's tire to be replaced He brought Charity into our lives. She now reads the Breads.

In Baker City, God brought me another very hurt person to talk with and show her a bit of Christ.

I am home now, and it feels great.

Laurie and I call our home the river lodge. It sits on the bank of a river nestled in the Cascade Range. In fact, as I was writing this two black tail deer came out of the woods and crossed the river right in front of me.

At our old house, before we moved to Washington from Oregon, we had a pond in our yard that looked like a river. It was the brainchild of our middle son Levi. We loved our pond. When we moved here Chuck said, "You built a river at your old house and loved it. God gave you one of His to love."

I like that.

I am home now.

I wonder what God has in store for me today.

May The Lord bless you, and keep you. May His face shine upon you always.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment