My Book

My Book

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The only constant in life is change

Good morning,
I pray the day is finding you well.

The only constant in life is change.

We are starting phase 2 of our expansion at our YMCA.

The construction company is digging a big hole in the grassy area in front of our pool. We will have a lap pool available in about six months. We are excited about this since there is a lack of pools in our area.

We are in the midst of moving all the office spaces around since we will be remodeling and adding on to the entire building.

When we are done, we will have more space, more offerings, and more things for people in our community to do.

We are changing the look of our YMCA.

As people come in they ask, “What will it look like?”

We tell them what the physical building will look like.

We tell them what new things they can expect to see and do.

Our hope and desire is to be a place that, through this expansion, will be more able to positively impact our community.

Our hope and desire is to be a place that is more able to help people work through their stuff.

Our hope and desire is to be a place that heals the hurt and give hope to the hopeless.

The only constant in life is change.

As I think about change, I think about Christ.

Christ is the great change agent. He is the one who brings great hope, great healing to people’s lives.

As I think about Christ, I cannot help but think about what He would like to see be part of this expansion. For us not to come to Him and ask Him to bless what we are doing, but to come to Him and ask Him what He is currently blessing so that we can come along side of Him and do what He would like us to do.

As I think about Christ, I cannot help but think about what He would like me to do.

Lord, I come to you asking simply, “What is it you would have me do today?” Show me Your will that I may do what you would have me do. I do not come to ask you to bless what I want to do, but only to do your will. I wait for You. I am listening for You. I am attentive to Your nudges. As you continue to shape and change me Lord I thank You for being patient with me. Amen

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment