My Book

My Book

Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Feeling kind-of Wonky."

Good morning, I pray that the day is finding you well.   There was a flurry of activity this morning when I got to the YCMA.  Now things have quieted down.    A funny thing happens when life is a flurry; it takes a while for me to regain focus.  I need to sit for a bit and think, meditate really.  I have to re-center myself with Christ.  I can always tell when I am feeling slightly out-of-kilter with Him.  I do not feel at peace.  I do not like it when I feel this way.    We have a big event tonight at the YMCA.  We are going to be expanding the Clark County Family YMCA.  The reason for the expansion is not to build a bigger facility, just so we can have a bigger facility.  The reason for the expansion is so that we can offer more services to our community.    Times are tough and we are here to help.   We are hosting a celebrity basketball game with the proceeds going to the strong communities campaign; tonight will be fun, today is busy though. When we look at our community and see the needs, what we in the YMCA actually see is opportunity.  We see areas in people’s lives that we could positively impact, areas of need that currently are not met, but could be if we had the resources.    I was in our break room the other day.  I was eating my oatmeal; I am told it is healthy so I eat it.  I wish cake were healthy I enjoy cake much more than oatmeal.   Others started to come in and as usual, a conversation arose.   A friend’s husband of one of the staff works for one of those big box fitness facilities.  I cannot remember which one he works for; it is either the one that has a big city in its name or a number.  He was in a meeting.  The head cheese of the meeting stood up and said; I must confess that I am getting this third hand or somewhere in that vicinity so the actual quote is lost but it goes something like this, “We are about profits people, not about people; if you care about people, go work for the YMCA!”   As I sit here talking with you I am feeling re-centered on Christ.    Lord, let me not forget that you cared about me enough to die for me; let me not forget that even though I may feel wonky at times, you are right there with me.  Let me not forget that you love me.  Let me not forget that I am yours and you will put people in front of me so that you may help them.   Let me not forget that You are all about people and since 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal. 2:20  I am all about people too.   If you happen to be free tonight and want to see a fun basketball game come on out, the game is at 6pm at Club Green Meadows 7703 ne 72nd Ave Vancouver, Wa.   If you cannot make it to the game, can you please take a moment and pray for us.   Blessings,   Roger Chaplain      

No comments:

Post a Comment