My Book

My Book

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dinner with my niece

Good morning, I pray the day is finding you well. I am in Missoula Montana. Chuck and I arrived yesterday. We left Big Timber, had lunch at Mikes burgers in Livingston, and arrived in Missoula around 3pm. Before I left Big Timber I gave my niece Hannah a call, she lives in Missoula. I had not seen her in a few years and when she said that we should go to dinner when she gets off work I was pretty excited and waited patiently for 7:30pm to role around for her to come pick us up at the KOA. We went to dinner at Mackenzie River Pizza, a good pizza place; if you are ever in Missoula you should look them up; tell them that Roger sent you and they will give you a pizza for twice the cost. Not really, they will just look at you like your nuts and probably say, "Who?" We had a great time, we ordered her favorite pizza and some cheesy bread. I love to make Hannah laugh, she giggles. Hannah goes to Montana State in Missoula and is majoring in sociology and gerontology. She has a real heart for the elderly and those in the sunset of their lives. One of the things that I truly love about Hannah is her heart. She has a very big heart. She found this passion quite by accident. She took a job while in high school at a nursing home and found that there is a real need. She found that there are many that have no-one and need a friend and a helper. Hannah saw this. She decided that she would do what she could to make the lives of those she touched better. Hannah is not in it for the money; no, she is in it because she cares. Hannah is the upbeat, positive type of person who gives you hope. Life has given her some bumps and bruises, but she doesn't let that get her down. The last time I talked with her she had a boyfriend, so I asked about him. They had broken up in the meantime and her heart was broken, but she kept the dog and showed me pictures of this goofy, handsome dog that looks very happy; who wouldn't be happy with Hannah around. While we laughed and talked and laughed some more; I started to think about how Christ attracted people. How they flocked to Him. Yes, He had amazing teachings. Yes, He was God incarnate. He also was full of love. Not the kind of love that feeds on others, but the kind of love that expects nothing in return. Hannah has the love of Christ in her; it exudes from her every pore. If you cannot tell by now, I love my niece very much. Hannah, I am very, very, very proud of you. As I go through my day I will try to be more like Hannah; since, and this is just me, I believe that she models how Christ treats others, Loving others without consuming them. Hannah makes Christ smile. I want to make Christ smile too. Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment