My Book

My Book

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I’ve got nothing

Good morning,
I pray the day is finding you well.

I’ve got nothing.

You ever have one of those days when you’ve just got nothing?

It’s not a particularly bad day.

It’s not a particularly good day.

I would call it a normal day.

I got up this morning and had my quiet time.

No big revelations there.

I took a shower, the water cascading over my head, waiting for something.

Nothing.

I drove to the YMCA, waiting.

Nothing.

I took my aqua aerobics class.

Nothing.

I talk a lot about living in the mystery.

Living in the mystery is living your life in such a way that you take the day as it comes. Instead of trying to figure out what God is up to, you wait instead. You wait for Him to show you what he wants you to do.
Often times this means we wait.

We wait for him to direct our actions.

Now I am not saying that we do nothing. I am not saying that at all.

We still live our life. We still go through the day being His hands and feet.

What I am saying is, “Don’t push God.”

Don’t try and push Him to give you something special to do, or say.

He will do this in His perfect timing.

It’s ok to say, “I’ve got nothing.”

It’s ok to wait.

Lord, I wait. I wait for You. I am doing my best to do Your will, not my will. Help me to do Your will. In the words of Isaiah, “Here am I Lord send me.” Father, I am only human. It is hard to wait, but I am waiting. Forgive my impatience, forgive my nagging. It is hard to wait. I love you Lord. Amen.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment