My Book

My Book

Monday, October 26, 2020

I will try not to make small stuff, big stuff.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I have been a bit cranky lately. I have been feeling a bit down as my "post chemo" body has been dealing with the effects of having been filled with poison for seven months. 

I was busy lamenting to someone (I do not even know who) about this when God reminded me, "Aren't you the guy who spent time on the dairy farm (chemo room)? Aren't you the guy who spent time with people a lot farther down their journey with cancer than your place in the journey? What did you learn from these people?"

I stopped in my tracks. I remembered how we talked about big stuff and little stuff, both large and small. I remembered how we talked about not sweating the small stuff and how the more we talked the less big stuff there was in our lives, in fact unless we made it big stuff it was all small stuff!

We talked about not knowing how many days we had, and making the most out of the day that was in front of us. 

As I ruminated on my conversations on the dairy farm I remembered something someone had once said. Someone whose words remained after they themselves had been forgotten. 

This is what they said:

This is the beginning of a new day.

God has given me this day to use as I will.

I can waste it or use it for good.

What I do today is important,

Because I’m exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,

Leaving in it’s place something that I have traded for it.

I want it to be gain, not loss;

Good, not evil; Success, not failure,

In order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it.

Anonymous

I will try and remember these words. 

I will try not to make small stuff, big stuff.

My post Chemo Body is small stuff. I will have fun working on it 

What stuff are you making "big stuff" today, is it really big stuff? If you are unsure, ask someone who is looking eternity directly in its face, they will tell you what big stuff is, and what isn't.

Something to ponder.


Blessings,

Roger


1 comment: