My Book

My Book

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Big stuff, small stuff, here comes space stuff (Asteroid)!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I was at my Oncologist's office this morning. Yes, cancer the gift that keeps on giving.

As we talked about stuff, and the shape of the world we currently live in, I talked about my friends on the Dairy Farm, my doctor likes the fact that I call Chemo the Dairy Farm, "It makes it feel better somehow", says he. 

I talked about big stuff verses small stuff and how just about everything is small stuff. How we try to make small stuff into big stuff because somehow it makes us more important, or something. How people are getting upset and angry about things they really shouldn't get upset or angry about.

I am reminded of a story Tolstoy wrote. In the story there were two farmers. who lived next to one another. One day a farmer went to his chicken coop and found an egg missing. He assumed his neighbor stole it and accused his neighbor of stealing an egg. 

Two things about this story that always caused me pause:

1. How did the farmer know that an egg was missing and that his chicken just had not laid an egg that day?

2. Why did he assume his neighbor had stolen an egg in the first place?

Anyway, this caused a feud that ended when one farmer lit the other farmers house on fire only to have the flames catch his house on fire too thus burning his own house down in the process. 

"One match burns two houses"

Big stuff, small stuff here comes space stuff.

If we just sit back a moment and ask the question what is truly BIG verses what is truly small we have new eyes to see things through. 

According to an internet search evidently there is an asteroid that is going to hit the earth on election night. 

Big stuff, small stuff, here comes space stuff (Asteroid)!

Now if you want BIG stuff that would be right up there. After all the last time a large asteroid hit the earth it was an extinction event.

Upon further research however I found that alas this was not true, thus the Asteroid story became small stuff pretty quickly. 

I guess what I am trying to say is the next time you think you have BIG stuff do a little research to verify that it is truly BIG, chances are it too will become small.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger  

2 comments: