My Book

My Book

Monday, March 14, 2022

1-year, 4-months and 7-days. Let's not wait so long next time.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well. 

It has been a few days since we have talked last. 

I got to thinking, "How long has it actually been?", so I looked it up.

It has been:

  • 1-year, 4-months and 7-days
Or
  • 1.4 years
Or
  • 16.3 months
Or
  • 70.6 weeks
Or
  • 494 days
Or
  • 11,856 hours
Or
  • 711360 minutes
Or
  • 42681600 seconds
No matter how you calculate it, it has been awhile.

The last time we talked I was visiting the Dairy Farm (Chemo treatments). 
Since then I have:
  • Finished Chemo
  • Went into remission 
  • Had a back procedure
  • Had a full-blown back surgery
  • Had knee surgery
  • Grew my hair back
  • Told countless "dad" jokes.
  • Talked with God
  • Yelled at God
  • Apologized for yelling at Him
  • Laughed at and forgiven by Him
If you haven't noticed I have grown fond of bullet points, mainly because it drives Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor crazy!

My wife, Laurie, wants me to write another book, "Life after cancer." She was talking to me one day. Yes, she still talks to me. She said, "When you got the cancer free card from your oncologist, people started talking like everything was over. In fact, you had a number of things left to go through. You should write about trials and tribulations of recovering from cancer." Maybe I will someday, but not yet.

I was talking with a friend the other day, actually I was complaining about something, I can't remember what it was, I am sure it was important, so important in fact that a few days later I can't remember what I was complaining about. She looked at me and said, "Someone once told me, It isn't the challenge that defines you, it is your response." I said, "Who told you that nonsense!" She said, "A very wise man."

I told her, "He sounds like an idiot to me!"

She was right. How we respond to the challenges in our lives is more important than the challenges themselves. If I am to be congruent with what I say I believe, I must continually work on becoming more like Him. I have not arrived yet. I still struggle, it is a journey. 

Good thing I have a canoe!  

Anyway, I have missed our conversations and I hope you have too.

Talk soon.

Blessings,
Roger






No comments:

Post a Comment