My Book

My Book

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Old McDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-oh.



Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Old McDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-oh, and on this farm he had a ZOOM e-i-e-i-oh.
Here a ZOOM, there a ZOOM, everywhere a ZOOM, ZOOM.
Old McDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-oh.

Am I the only one, or is there anyone else out there that is getting tired of ZOOMing?

It seems as if all we do is ZOOM meetings. Now don't get me wrong, I love the people that I work with and enjoy our time together, but do we really need all these meetings? 

I remember when I was a kid and watched space movies, or better yet Star Trek. Captain Kirk would talk to somebody from the Gamma quadrant on his big screen on the bridge. I thought that was pretty cool. 

Captain Kirk on yet another call from the Gamma Quadrant.
Now we do the same thing, all the time, from our phones, computers, in our offices, at home, from the car...

It doesn't feel so cool anymore. 

Maybe if I had a big captains chair and an entire star ship bridge in front of me it might be a bit cooler, I bet that even that would get old after a while; I don't know, I will have to ask my wife if I can have one, just to be sure. 


Maybe it is the whole wherever I am I am available thing. 

Actually, I am just being human. God reminded me of this in the middle of my star ship captain Kirk rant.

If I am to help people I need to be available. Not only do I need to be available, I need to be present to them as well. Not only do I need to available and present, I must also be in my new creation self and be Jesus' hands and feet. 

So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ-that's where the action is. See things from His perspective. (Col 3:1-2 The Message)

Time for another meeting.

I guess I will live on Old McDonald's farm  a while longer.

Here a ZOOM, there a ZOOM, everywhere a ZOOM, ZOOM.
Old McDonald had a farm e-i-e-i-oh.

How are you ZOOMing?
Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

1 comment: