My Book

My Book

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Check Engine Light of Life

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I was driving along just fine the other day when my check engine light came on. I drive a 1999 Jeep Cherokee classic, it has over 300,000 miles on it so having the check engine light come on is not uncommon. The car has been paid off for almost 20 years and I have grown accustom to making a car payment in the form of a mechanical bill every so often. 

So when the check engine light comes on I take my jeep to my mechanic. 

The funny thing about a check engine light is that it does not tell you what is wrong, it just tells you something is not as it should be. 

It could be a big thing or a little thing.

You just do not know.

You have a choice you could ignore the check engine light much like Penny did.


Or you could take it in and have it checked.

As I drove my jeep to the mechanic I began to think, "How often our check engine lights come on in us." We have the option of ignoring our check engine light or paying attention to it.

The funny thing about our check engine light is that it doesn't say what is wrong with us. It just says that something is wrong and we better get it checked. 

Sometimes we need a medical doctor.

Sometimes we need a psychological doctor.

Sometimes we need a spiritual doctor.

When our check engine light comes on it could be any of those things, we do not know.

The most important part of this is to even notice that the check engine light is on. 

Take a quick moment and look, if you see 


Oh sure you can ignore your check engine light, much like Penny did. But the problem won't go away just because you ignored it. In fact a small thing can become a big thing if you don't do something about it. 

You should get it checked.

Just sayin

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger


1 comment: