My Book

My Book

Monday, August 10, 2020

Don't fall asleep with an 8-year old granddaughter in the room

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well. 

Laurie and I had the grand kids spend the weekend with us. We had a blast.

We:

Played in the river that is behind our house.

Hiked around round lake.

Went to garage sales and bought stuff. 

Stopped off at the local hamburger spot and got milk shakes.

Watched movies.

Painted rocks.

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to:

Don't fall asleep with an 8-year old granddaughter in the room!

BTW-those are not my toes! Esmeralda took the picture and those are her toes. Mine are a deeper shade of pink, just sayin. 

Laurie and I had fun with our grand-kids. I was too tired to take the finger nail polish off last night and so I went to the "Y" with them painted.

I am reminded of a couple of things:

First something Paul said:

to the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. (1 Corinthians 9:22)

Then something Jesus said:

then litlle children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but  the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." And He laid His hands on them and departed from there. (Matthew 19:13-15)

As I ruminated on their words, I became less focused on me and more focused on those I can help. If letting a grandchild paint my nails makes her happy then so be it.

If helping a homeless person makes me late for a meeting, then so be it.

Something cancer has taught me.

I don't know how much time I have so I will make it count.

Do you know how much time you have?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger



No comments:

Post a Comment