My Book

My Book

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sometimes things go kaput and you throw a hissy fit

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Sometimes things just go kaput. 

I had said my goodbyes to the staff and was off to our corporate headquarters for yet another meeting, at least this one was  in person so I did not have to ZOOM. ZOOMing around gets tiring. 

I had been on the road for about 5-minutes when all of a sudden I noticed something.  I noticed that my motorcycle wasn't running anymore. Uggggggg, I coasted to the side of the rode; called the staff at corporate told them I would miss the meeting as I was on the side of the road broken down. I called my "Y", Eddie and Norm were in a meeting so Jennifer got the short straw to come get me. 

It is good to have family, just sayin. 

It is better to have family that likes you, just sayin.

It is best to have family who will come and get you when you are broken down on the side of the road, just sayin. 

The team at Corporate made a Team meeting so I could ZOOM from the side of the road. 

I was too busy being broken down, talking with the tow truck driver, dodging cars that tried their very best to kill us. Frankly, I was not in my best place at the moment.

Yes, it is true, even chaplains have bad days. 

Later, someone asked me, "What do you think God is trying to teach you in all of this?" 

Good thing I am well trained. 

Inside my head my mind is screaming, "Bad theology, bad theology, My bike died. things happen. God did not cause my bike to die so He could teach me a lesson. that is right up there with 'God needed your baby more than you did." 

On the outside I said, "I don't know."

Sometimes things just go kaput.

Here is what I do know, "While God did not cause my bike to die, He can use it to help others if I allow Him to." 

I will learn how to trust in Him even more. I will know that He was there with me in the moment, even though I did not feel Him at the moment. 

I know He loves me and cares for me, even when I am throwing a hissy fit, which by the way I was. Just ask Jennifer. See she even took a video!



As you can plainly see I was not being my best at that moment. 

God understands.

Sometimes things go kaput and you throw a hissy fit 

I am glad that God is big enough to watch me throw a hissy fit and then give me comforting words when I am done.

Have you ever thrown a hissy fit with God?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Roger! Before opening email, I'm opening your blog. Definitely something to ponder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m absolutely loving the video!!🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m absolutely loving the video!!🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m absolutely loving the video!!🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete