My Book

My Book

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Dancing with God Redux

 Good morning. 

I pray that the day finds you well.

This is an old bread, but I thought it was relevant for what we seem to be going through at the moment. 

Enjoy and ponder.

The wind was blowing the other day, and I noticed a leaf being

carried along. It blew one way, then another.

I watched as it went back and forth, tumbling over its stem, then

over its tips. I sat for quite a while observing this leaf.

At first I was amused by the back-and-forth action, and thought

about how the wind changed direction, causing the leaf to change with it.

I thought about how the leaf had no say in where it wanted to go.

The wind was in control.

It occurred to me that most of us live and work at the whim of

others. If someone decides to go in another direction or the economy

takes a dip, our jobs might go away, and we will have about as much

say in it as the leaf does with the wind.

Then God said, “Relax and watch the leaf.”

I sat silently and did as He asked.

After a while, my heart began to change. I began to see the leaf

differently.

I began to see it dance.

It no longer was an out-of-control leaf pushed here and there. The

leaf was dancing.

A still small voice said, “This leaf makes Me smile. It is dancing

with Me.”

I watched the leaf for quite a while.

In the end, I was no longer thinking in a negative fashion. My

thoughts turned to all the blessings and small miracles that happen

every day. I just need to have eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to

accept.

My prayer is that we all choose to see the beauty in God’s creation,

to see a leaf dance, and to ask, are we dancing with God or merely

allowing ourselves to be blown out of control?

It is a matter of perspective.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment