My Book

My Book

Friday, September 25, 2020

Hydroplaning can be fun I suppose, but I have never found it to be so.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

It was raining again today as I left the house on the river to drive to the "Y". 

It wasn't an easy rain, but one that could make you hydroplane if you were not focused. I was focused. Hydroplaning can be fun I suppose, but I have never found it to be so.

As I drove along the Columbia River God reminded me what a beautiful day it was. 

I have often said, "If you can see God in the puffy clouds of a beautiful sunny blue sky day, then you can also see Him in the mudpuddles of a rainy one." 

I hadn't always realized that, but found it later in my walk with Him. In fact I had spent a good amount of time in my early years saying things like, "God where are you? or  I wish you would come back." It wasn't until much later that I truly grasped the concept and understanding that God is always here and it is I that leaves Him or ignores Him.

When you get to the point where you see God at work in His creation you get the opportunity to see Him working in places you would never expect. He even works with Nihilists.

Ernest Hemmingway is one of my favorite authors. His writing style intrigues me. I was reading one of his books many years ago and this is what he wrote: 

"He had always known what I did not know and what, when I learned it, I was always able to forget.  But I did not know that then, although I learned it later."[1]

I love this quote. It reminds me of how big God is and how small I am. 

Seeing God in mudpuddles is fun, if you haven't tried it you should give it a go. You just might be surprised at what you find.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger 



[1]Ernest Hemmingway, Farewell to Arms, (New York: Scribner, 1929), 14.


No comments:

Post a Comment