My Book

My Book

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Enough about that.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Did you see the debate last night? All I can say is "wow" I wasn't sure if I was seeing a debate or a middle school argument. In fact, I am sure I didn't see a debate and I did see a middle school argument.

Enough about that.

Well maybe a little more. I would have liked to see an actual plan. A way to help us be a better country, a better people.

I teach a worldviews class at a university and in the very first class of the session I tell my students, "Do not tell me what you believe, your actions will tell me what your core commitment is."

Parker Palmer says it even better, he says, "Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you.  Before you tell your life what truths and values you have decided to live up to, let you life tell you what truths you embody, what values you represent."[1]

I wish that the moderator had said that to the debaters/middle school arguers last night. 

As we go through our days may we be more diligent on our actions and not our words. Let us be the hands and feet of Christ and not his mouth.

If our actions do not match our words maybe we need to check our core commitment and see if this is who we want to be, if not we should work on being better.

Something to ponder,

Blessings,

Roger



[1]Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak, (San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, 2000), 3..

3 comments: