My Book

My Book

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

I am a bit tired, the middle of the night comes pretty early these days.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

How are you feeling today? 

I am a bit tired, the middle of the night comes pretty early these days.

I have a friend who seems to be making a habit of going to the hospital lately, I am going to have to tell him that a hospital is not a hotel and to find a better hobby!

He is making me talk to God a lot, just sayin. 

I have been having some fun conversations lately, mostly around what I have been sharing.

I was talking with a friend, just yesterday, on the subject of suicide. 

He said, "I thought I would just drink myself to death. That way it wouldn't be so direct. people wouldn't realize it was intentional."

I had never thought of this method before. How to commit suicide without anyone actually realizing you committed suicide.

I think that is why he is still with us. The fact that he didn't want to have his loved ones think he actually wanted to leave kept him around long enough to get over the idea. 

Another way of looking at it is, deep down he knew he was loved.

Next week is Y-Day!

Y-Day is a time when we shut down the entire association and come together as one team. 

It is a cultural thing.

We come together to celebrate one another. There are trainings and activities. 

In our Association we like to say, "Of all the things we do; the one thing we do best is love on people."

Yet, the one thing we have the hardest time doing is to love one another.  

We need to get better at that.

So every Y-Day, along with all the other things we are doing, is to have what we call, "Grace in the Workplace."

Y-Day has 2 main objectives:

  1. If we are going to bring everyone to one location, and ask them to drive across town to come together,  and close the association for the entire day. We have to respect them for it. We need to respect their time, and respect the fact that they made the commitment to be here. 
  2. We need to help them learn to love on each other. It is only by learning to love each other can we become good at loving our community.
We don't have to be perfect to accomplish this. We don't have to have all our stuff "together."

No, I expect to see plenty of muddy boots at Y-Day. I may even see someone who is stuck in the mud.

The one thing that this whole experience has taught me, is that while I may be trudging through the mud, it doesn't mean I can't walk beside someone else who is trudging through the mud too.

It is an amazing feeling when you know someone is with you, that they have your back. 

You can go through just about anything, it is amazing what you can accomplish when you know someone has your back. 

Maybe I will talk about this more tomorrow. 

Yes, I am feeling like talking about what it means to have your back, especially when walking through the mud.

Have a great day, and remember one thing.
Oh, I don't care what it is, just remember it!

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment