My Book

My Book

Friday, April 28, 2023

Wonder Woman is a busy duck!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I am feeling pretty good this morning. 

I had a good day yesterday, I felt that I had helped people; whether it was finding last-minute volunteers, listening to people that were hurting, or helping hang a whiteboard. Well, helping is a loose term.

For most of my life, when I was standing near a wall, I tended to lean on it. People would say, mostly my dad would say, "Holding up the wall are we?" 

I would always respond, "Yes, yes I am!"

It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that I had been practicing all these years!

Yesterday, Darryl was hanging a large whiteboard in his office. Actually, I bought the whiteboard for him, I am still not sure if he wanted a whiteboard or not, but I bought him one anyway. 

I was helping!

It is a fairly large whiteboard, 4'x10', and quite heavy. Heavy enough that Darryl and I realized just how heavy it was and we obviously needed help hanging it that I said, "This is really heavy, we need to get some girls to lift it."

We stopped what we were doing and I went and got Wonder Woman! 

I bet you didn't know that Wonder Woman worked at our YMCA, well guess what, she does. 

Not only does she run the Clark County YMCA, but she is also currently the site director for our Child Development Center, doing community development in a town in Oregon so one day another YMCA will be in it, a member of multiple service clubs, and still has time to be a great wife and a wonderful mother. She is a bit competitive, a trait that she has passed on to one of her daughters, you don't want to play basketball against that daughter, she will eat you for lunch. 

Wonder Woman is a busy duck! She lives off of hard-boiled eggs and Almonds, Wasabi & Soy Sauce almonds. She doesn't have time to eat real food. 

So I went to get Wonder Woman. She lifted the whiteboard While Darryl screwed in the self-tapping screws.

My job was to ensure the whiteboard did not fall off the hangers attached to the wall and fall to the ground. A job that I had realized I had been practicing for all my life. 




















As you can see, all that practice made me quite good at holding up that whiteboard. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. 

You can get a glimpse of Wonder Woman holding the whiteboard, while we guys did the hard work!

Yesterday was a good day.

I slept better, I remembered to take my boots off before going to bed. I woke up before the alarm, thus, managing to duck a blow to the head. 

Somehow I feel close to the edge of the mud bog, I think I can see dry ground. It will be good to be on dry ground again. 

The tapes still play, but not as loud this morning. More muffled and farther away. 

When the tapes a muffled, and far away, it gives me hope. 

I feel that I have a hope and a future. 

I am looking forward to today. 

I just want to say, "If you are trudging through the mud, and can't see the dry ground yet, have faith and keep trudging, you will get there. If you start to get tired and need someone to trudge with you, find someone with muddy boots, they will gladly trudge with you because they know what it is like to trudge through mud. Stay away from fancy shoe people is my only warning. they may want to help, but they can't."

Are you trudging through the mud? And if so do you need someone to trudge with you?

Something to ponder.
Blessings,
Roger



No comments:

Post a Comment