My Book

My Book

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Another day on the farm

Good Morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I am back at the farm again today.

I am relaxed in my reclining chair, the needle is in my arm and the treatment, or poison (however you look at it.) is being administered. I am listening to my fellow patients and nurses talk. They talk about politics, they talk about employers verses employee rights. Basically, they are talking about the virus and how it has changed things, or brought different things to light.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Today is a different day on the farm. Usually, it is full of love and light. Today is a bit darker.

I guess fear and anxiety can do that to people.

Funny thing is, they are not afraid for themselves, they are afraid for others.

The more I listen, the more I realize the conversation is controlled by one person. This person seems to complain about things.

Now she is on gas prices in Oklahoma verses Oregon.

Without missing a beat she is now on how good the roads are in eastern Oregon and how bad the roads are in Portland.

I listen with bated breath for the next chorus of what is wrong with the world.

The person next to her is doing the perfunctory "Uh huh, oh, uh huh." of someone that is somewhere else in their own head but doesn't want to be rude.

Yesterday I posited the question of, "What if we put on the face of love?"

I am reminded of a time when I did a teaching for the aquatics department at my YMCA on respect; not how to receive it but how to give it.

Another patient has now sat down near her. She is engaging the woman with a loving and caring demeanor.

They are now talking about when she gets to see her daughter again. As I listen, I realize that missing her daughter was the core of the problem.

As she left the farm her parting remark was, "Now I get to go be a mom again".

I am surrounded by angels.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment