My Book

My Book

Monday, March 23, 2020

Slow down you move too fast

Good Morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I am a morning person.

I was up and this song came into my head. Simon and Garfunkel wrote it years ago and yet it just popped into my head.

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy

At first I was happy and singing then;
As I ruminated on the words to the song I began to think, "All is not groovy"

Then I saw my neighbor's lambpost and I thought, "Hello lamppost what'cha knowing? I've come to watch your flowers growin."

I was grappling with the song and the times we live in when that still small voice whispered, "Don't you remember, I said the same thing many years ago to a group of people."

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

I didn't say wait for the world to change to get happy.

Don't wait for your circumstances to change to get happy.

You are blessed right now,right where you are at.

Look at the end of the song again.

Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy

If you need prayer, please ask.
If you have time to pray, pray.
If you can help someone out, help them out.
If you need help, ask.
In all we do, love God. He loves you.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment