My Book

My Book

Monday, March 30, 2020

The "Dairy Farm" is good for my soul

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I am at the"Dairy Farm" again today. I call my chemo treatments the “Dairy Farm” because we are all hooked up like dairy cows, the only difference is, instead of giving milk (like the cows) we get chemo infused into us. My chemo treatment takes 2-days, 6-7 hours on day 1 and 2-3 hours on day 2.

As you might have guessed I have cancer.

Please do not feel sorry for me, I do not feel sorry for me. The surgeries and the chemo are doing their jobs. I will be around for a while longer.

As I look around the farm, I see people that are a lot farther down the road on their journey than I am.
When I talk with the other people on the farm, I find nothing but a kind and generous people. I guess when you go through something like cancer you stop worrying about the little things that really don’t matter.

The longer you go on this journey, the more you realize that the things you were worrying about were little things.

When I talk with my friends on the farm and I look into their eyes, looking into their eyes is a chaplain thing. When you look into a person’s eyes you do a better job of connecting their words to what they are truly saying. Anyway, when I look into their eyes they shine when they tell their stories. When they talk about their journey and when they ask about my mine.

Something that I never thought I would say, “Going to the Dairy Farm is good for my soul.”

The doctors are good, the nurses are great, but the people are amazing.

Their eyes shine with love for others.

Their words are respectful and honest.

They get things done when they need to get them done. When you don’t know what tomorrow will bring, you get it done today.

They ask if I need anything; something to drink or eat…

I guess when you are looking at eternity square in the face; the face you want people to see is one of love, one of respect, one of honesty, one of responsibility, one of service.

Something to think about.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment