My Book

My Book

Thursday, March 19, 2020

It's not the challenge that defines you

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Holy Moly, what the heck, did not see that one coming, all the things we say when something comes at us out of nowhere.

This virus (Covid-19), definitely fits into the Holy Moly, what the heck, did not see that one coming category.

As I talk with people I find that they are really trying to keep their chins up and putting on a strong face; at the same time they are anxious, worried and a bit scared.

Truth be told they are not alone, and alone makes the anxiety even worse.

As more and more of us begin to shelter in place and practice social distancing the loneliness aspect can mount.

I am reminded of something a really smart guy once said, "3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."(Col 3:1-2)

So often if we are being honest with ourselves. Something comes at us that is a challenge and we tend to let our thoughts go down and not up. We think of the negative not the positive. Let us set our gaze on Christ during the midst of these troubling tough times.

I do not know about you, but for me it is the only way I get through times like this. I ask the simple question of, "What would you have me do Lord?" and then wait for His quite response.

You see, it is not the challenge that defines us, it is our response.

My YMCA is asking that same question, and waiting for His response.

I won't blather on about looking for the good during troubling times, just do your best and know that there are people that care, like the YMCA.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment