My Book

My Book

Friday, July 31, 2020

Don't be a Cowboy hat and an African basket

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

You have heard me say this before, but I will say it again, "Oh these are tough times to be a shrubbier."

These are also tough times to be a lot of things. Here at the "Y" we are busy having conversation after conversation about what "offerings" we should have. 

A few years ago my motorcycle buddy and I were riding through central Oregon. As we rode through a small town (when I say small I mean city limits sign on both sides of the sign post small) and we came across this sign in front of the only store in town. 
Now if you are the only store around for 200 miles I guess having such a wide / eclectic offering might just work.

Kind of like being home alone and running around the house dressed in boxer shorts and a dress shirt, or a tank top and swimming trunks. But go outside the house or go to a store dressed like that and you just might get some sideways looks.

I am not really sure what Cowboy hats have with African baskets. I wasn't in the market for either so I didn't check them out. 

I worry about the same thing with the "Y" If we try to be all things to all people and have more offerings than Wally World we might water ourselves down to the point of people saying, "I'm not in the market for a Cowboy hat." or Alice telling Fred, "Honey we already have 3-African Baskets at home, we don't need another one."

Another way to put this is, "If you don't have a strategic plan you might end up selling Cowboy hats and African baskets.

Where am I going with all of this? 

Worldviews, that is where I am going. 

If you say you believe one thing but your actions say you believe something else, at the very least you are a confused individual. At the most, well you get it. 

Don't be that person.

Don't be a Cowboy hat and an African basket.

Something to Ponder.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment