My Book

My Book

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Burnt toast

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I got a message from Frederick. Yes, Frederick the Great, and he said he was getting breads out of order. I have no clue as to why this is happening, I will call it spiritual warfare, I guess the enemy wants us to go gluten free. Anyway, when Frederick mentioned this fact, and I told him that I didn't know why, his response was to say, "Don't leave the bread in the oven too long." I said, "There is nothing worse than burnt bread." He replied, "Yes there is, burnt popcorn!" 

He was right and I was wrong. Don't ever be wrong around Frederick, he will require you to say, "You were right, and I was wrong." in front of people, it's a thing with him.



Fresh breads are good, old bread while they may be fun, aren't as good, and burnt bread is just nasty. 



But burnt popcorn is really nasty; say, I should get product placement for this, just say-in. 

When I look at these images I am reminded of unsolicited advice or commentary. 

"What?", you say, "I can't make the correlation." 

Maybe I should be more clear. 

We like to say that constructive criticism is good, a growth opportunity. But, what usually happens is it isn't constructive, it is just criticism, or another way of putting it is being critical, which is, in its basic form, just being mean. And, being mean is just nasty, it tastes nasty, it smells nasty, and for the most part is unpalatable. 

Being critical does no-one any good. 

In the "Y" we have a saying, "Storm the problem, not the person." Looking for a better way is always a good thing, whatever that "way" is. A better way to:

  • Do something
  • Say something
  • Think 
  • Act
  • Be
But being critical of a person is just making them feel less than, sad, unappreciated... and is not helpful.

As I go through my day, I ask myself, "How am I being burnt toast today?" And if I have found that somewhere in my day I came across as "Burnt" to someone, I go and ask for forgiveness. It hurts me to think I may have hurt someone. 

Do you ever think about this stuff?  

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment