My Book

My Book

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Today is a good day!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Today is a good day!

At the time of this writing I had just gotten off the phone with Frederick the Great! We talked of many things, none of which were memorial enough to remember at the moment. 

Frederick reminded me of "big tour" next Tuesday where the YMCA of Columbia-Willamette Board of Managers will be touring the many locations with-in our association. 

I said, "Oh, that is right we have the Board tour next Tuesday." 

Frederick replied, "Oh, I don't think it will be boring." We don't call him Frederick the Great for nothing!

I asked, "What is this going to entail?"

He said, "Well we will tour the association, and then convene at the University club afterwards. You are invited." 

Frederick went on to tell me that at the club there is a balcony on the second floor where Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor will give a big speech and hopefully do a rousing rendition from some obscure Shakespearian play!

I said, "Maybe Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor will give out autographs again?" 

Frederick agreed and suggested we make a pulley system with a basket so that Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor could sign the autograph, place it in the basket and lower it to us minions. 

I asked, "Do you think we will have to genuflect?"

Frederick responded, "I don't think so, he is protestant."  Lord help me!

The real reason for the call was to schedule a time for him to bring his 93-year-old cousin to come visit the "Y". I think I mentioned this to you before that her community center had closed and she needs community. I told him about our "Coffee Time" which would be perfect for her.

We scheduled a date.

I am always amazed how God works. He created the YMCA for this purpose, community. A place to belong. A place where people can find respite from the worries and problems of their daily life. They can sit back and breath. They can find friendship and common unity.

I hope that Penelope, Fredericks cousin, will enjoy her time here as much as we will enjoy having her. 

I am surrounded by amazing people.

What kind of people surround you, and why?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment