My Book

My Book

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

I was talking to my friend Eka the other day.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I was talking to my friend Eka the other day. We were talking about a lot of things, one of which was prayer. 

I can't tell you how many times when I have talked with people that they would say, "I don't know how to pray." As if prayer is some magic incantation that if you do it right, say the right words, use the right cadence, God will grant your wish, and if you don't well, nothing happens. I have listened to more than my share of prayers over my life and have witnessed this myself. 

I don't know, but if you struggle with prayer... relax, prayer is nothing more than a conversation with God. God knows your heart, so you don't have to have the right words, just the right heart. All He wants to do is have a conversation with you.

Eka and I were having a conversation around prayer, Eka mentioned that she wrote a prayer the other day and asked if I wanted to here it. 

I said, "yes." 

It was such a wonderful prayer that I thought I would share it with you.

This is what she wrote:

"So why are some prayers answered as a Yes, others No (not good for you) and yet some wait!I love the yes answers like in the case of how fast He’s healing Hope even though recovery might be longer. The wait always seems like a No to me until they come to pass. But the most difficult is the outright “No not good for you” when I might sometimes not know  that’s what he’s saying. Then there are those prayers that he requires our participation like in the case of ‘heal my marriage’ when he wants me to act and the feeling will catch up later. Lord am I making any sense at all?Prayer then has to be stripped of all I have made it to be - an entitlement plea. I need to see it as a vehicle for connecting with a father I cannot physically see yet is ever present with me and talking to him about everything is my way of connecting and relating.Father forgive me for throwing a spiritual tantrum when I don’t get an immediate yes from you. Teach me to use prayer not only when I need something from you but especially when I just wanna talk.So how are you doing Lord?"

Talk with God, place your burdens on Him, you just might feel better for doing so.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger 

No comments:

Post a Comment