My Book

My Book

Monday, March 28, 2022

Right time, right place

Good morning,

I pray they day finds you well.

I woke up this morning wondering what God was going to nudge me to write about today?

My normal process for talking with you is to write a bread the day before I post it. In doing so, I am not rushed to get something out and this allows me time to hear what God is saying to me. 

You may say, "If God wanted to say something and inspire you to write wouldn't He just tell you first thing in the morning?" My answer is, "God very well may be talking to me first thing in the morning, but that doesn't mean I am present to His words. I am a ragamuffin after all." It is not me giving God time to think about something for me to write about, it is God waiting patiently for me to settle down enough to be present to Him. 

I was still pondering what God was going to nudge me with when I drove to the "Y." 

I was still pondering this when I got to the parking lot and was walking into the building (Did I mention that I like to ponder?). 

When I opened the door Bluebell (Yes you guessed it, not her real name, who by the way, was wearing a beautiful flowery spring dress) Said excitedly, "Good morning Roger. Come over here I have something to show you." I walked over to the front desk and Bluebell held up a 3' piece of pipe about a foot long, there was a 90 degree bend in the middle. Bluebell, asked, "Do you know what this is?" I just stared at the piece of pipe for a bit and said, "No."

Bluebell said, "Come on, guess."

Have I ever mention that I suffer from test anxiety? And this had just become a test! Sweat started to bead on my brow and my heart started to race, my chest became tight...Ok, I can't keep this up. None of that happened but my imagination went wild for a moment (I think you know it is loud in my head.)

So I guessed, "A pipe from the steam room?"

Bluebell said, Nope. it is from our "Y" Without Walls bus." A couple of guys were trying to steal our catalytic convertor but Sabastian (My IT guy who just happens to double as our facility maintenance person) came in early for no apparent reason and caught them. They took off running leaving the pipe and convertor right at the bus!

Bluebell said, "Sabastian was in the right place at the right time." Then she said, "We even had a member say they would take a look at it and see if they can fix it! That should be your daily bread."

I just smiled and said, "I believe you are right." God had just spoken to me, He used Bluebell so I could hear Him. 

So often I hear people ask, "Why did God wait so long to....?" My typical answer is, " His ways are not our ways, His timing is not our timing, but He is always in the right place at the right time." 

My wife was on the phone with her brother last night and he called us Job, because of our apparent trials and tribulations the last number of years. When she told me what he said, we laughed. We are still working on the "Don't worry about tomorrow" thing.  

Sabastian was in the right place at the right time. 

Bluebell was in the right place at the right time.

God used them both to give me the right bread for this time.

Have you heard, or seen God at work in your life today?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger






No comments:

Post a Comment