My Book

My Book

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Is God stuck in your SPAM folder?

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I came in yesterday morning and everyone said, "Why aren't you writing? I was getting my Daily Breads but I haven't for a few days." I said, "I don't know. I have been writing and posting." I still do not know why those that subscribe have stopped getting their Breads, just know I have my I.T. guy Sabastian on the case.

I am part of a team that is in a YMCA Leadership Symposium. Leadership Symposium is just a fancy name for being in a cohort of people that is required to do a research project and present it. The Leadership Symposium is something like a year long. Let's just say,  Leadership Symposium is a lot more fun to say than being in one; kind of like saying Coprolite is a lot more fun to say, than being one. 

There are a few bright spots that are part of the Leadership Symposium. One bright spot is it allows us to connect with other "Y's" and "Y" peeps. A second bright spot is I am part of a really cool team, I am not sure they would say the same thing about being with me, but I enjoy them. The third bright spot is the facilitators of the Leadership Symposium (Ok, I am getting tired of saying Leadership Symposium. Just as I am sure you are tired of reading Leadership Symposium, so I will stop saying Leadership Symposium. Don't look for the word Leadership Symposium anymore).  Tom and Dale are really great people, they are indisputably smart and engaging. 

We are getting to the end of our journey together and we are preparing for our presentations. We are scheduled to meet (virtually) with Tom and Dale today and go over our presentation and make a few adjustments before we do our "formal" presentation. I came into the "Y", started my computer and opened my email. I have the habit of going through my SPAM folder, I find all sorts of interesting things in there, this time I found Tom and Dale! They ended up in my SPAM folder, I am assuming they also ended up in my teammates SPAM folders as well since we connected by the same network. 

Tom and Dale were asking for access to our Teams folder so they could review our presentation before our meeting. I am glad that I found them, and gave them access, so our time together will be more fruitful. 

While Sabastian was working on the fix for the subscription problem to the Daily Bread for Ragamuffins he found that many of the people needed to check their SPAM folders. It seems as if I was ending up in SPAM folders as well. 

As I thought about why I was ending up in peoples SPAM, a still small voice spoke to me. It said, "Now you know how I feel." God went on to say, "People are always yelling at Me to talk to them. They say things like, 'I never hear you' and 'Are you really there?' All the while I am talking to them. Standing right beside them. When I check their spiritual emails they have me in their SPAM folder. They never check their SPAM folder and if they do they never release my voice so they can hear it."

I replied Hmmm... I haven't checked my spiritual SPAM folder for a while, I had better do that." So I did. Guess what, there were tons of things from God in there. He wasn't the problem, I was. I stuck God in my spiritual SPAM folder too! 

Uggg...nobody said this was easy.

This caused me to ponder, "Am I the only one with a spiritual SPAM folder to check, or are there others?" Just in case there are, I better let them know what I found. 

Sooo...Is God stuck in your SPAM folder?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,


We are getting to the end of our joue

No comments:

Post a Comment