My Book

My Book

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Did you burn the Bakery down?

 Good Morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Yes, I know I haven't been around.

I have been getting messages like:

  • Did the Bakery close?
  • Did you burn the Bakery down?
  • Did the oven break?
  • Did you run out of yeast?
  • Do you need help paying your electric bill? I actually said yes to that one. The response was, "Good luck finding someone to help you! Thanks, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor!
  • Did you sell to Flower Foods? Flower Foods that threw me. I responded, "Flower Foods; why Flower Foods?" I was met with, "Flower Foods makes Wonder Bread. I wonder where your breads went." Somebody told Frederick he was funny once; he has been living off that comment for years. 
The fact is I have been kept very busy doing Chappy work. 

The thing about Chappy work is that most of it is confidential, so I can't talk about it; well I could, but that would make me a terrible chaplain, don't say it, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor. 

Some stuff I can talk about, like this really cool homeless ministry that is way out in front of other homeless ministries and actually fits nicely into what we do with our "Y" on the Fly program. They are actually pretty darn successful at getting people off the streets. 

I want to work with them, so I will.

When I was talking with them, their Executive Director asked me how do you hug Jesus? 

I gave him my best blank stare; I am good at giving a blank stare, just ask Padme. I always give her one when she asks me for help. 

He said Matthew 25. 

That is when I knew we were a great fit. 

Remember Matthew 25?

When I was hungry, you fed me.
When I was naked, you clothed me.
When I was sick and in prison, you visited me.

When asked when they had ever seen Him hungry, naked, sick, or in prison, He responded, When you did for the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me. 

That is how you give Jesus a hug!

Have you hugged Jesus lately?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment