My Book

My Book

Thursday, August 4, 2022

I think I am getting a refresher course in patience from God.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I am currently on hold with the scheduling department; I am attempting to schedule an MRI for my shoulder. This process started in August of 2021. My insurance company, well, it isn't mine, just the one that I have been given from the organization that I am employed has refused the request from my doctor to get a picture of my shoulder so we can see why it doesn't work. Now that my shoulder has become asymmetrical, the insurance company finally gave the ok for an MRI. 

I called the hospital where the MRI is to be performed; more specifically, I called the scheduling department to schedule the MRI. 

After waiting on hold for 30-minutes, a scheduler came on the line. After the perfunctory HIPPA questions, we started the process of scheduling my appointment. In the middle of the process, I was disconnected. 

I waited about 5-minutes to see if she would call back, but she didn't, so I did.

I have now been on hold for 17-minutes. I am listening to some really invigorating music, only to be interrupted every 30-seconds with, "We are currently experiencing a high number of calls; please hold while we care for others."

While I am waiting on hold, bobbing my head to the invigorating instrumental coming from my phone, I thought I would talk with you.  

Oh, she just answered. 

Ok, I am back; she took my HIPPA information again and placed me back on hold. I wonder what the over and under is for me getting disconnected again?

I went to Camp Collins yesterday; I go to Camp Collins every Wednesday just to meet with staff and be there for those that want to talk. 

I was talking with Kaiulani and Hemlock in the conference room..

Oh, she came back on the phone. She said, "I am looking up some days and times for you and will be right with you." 

Now I am bobbing my head again; in fact, I am now bouncing a bit on my bounce ball chair.

Back to Kaiulani and Hemlock, obviously, these are not their real names, but as you know, every story goes better with a name attached.

We were talking about life at camp, struggles, the blessings. 

I said, "I may just be a short, fat, balding old man, but" that is when hemlock said, "You're not that short." Kaiulani just shook her head in agreement with all of it.

I looked at hemlock and said, "Of the stuff to pick to make me feel better, you picked, "Your not that short."

We all had a good laugh.

By the way, I am still on hold. I am thinking about turning scheduling a procedure into a program, maybe calling it a Scheduling a Procedure Zumba class!

While Kaiulani and Hemlock have had quite the summer, they are in a very good place right now. 

It isn't always easy to get out to camp every week; it is a 45-minute drive from the Clark YMCA on a good day. 2-hours on a bad traffic day. I often don't get back until well after 7:30pm; since I tend to start my day around 6am, it makes for a longer day. 

Yes, I am still on hold. I have a time investment now. If I get disconnected now, I may have to go to camp and have Kaiulani and Hemlock give me words of wisdom. 

My job description reads, "Other Duties as Assigned." 

I am humbled and honored to be of service and help our staff be their best selves as they work diligently to create good humans out of little humans.

Just wanted to share.

I think I am getting a refresher course in patience from God.

The lady just returned on the phone and said I can do august 22.

I said, "You picked the one day of the month I am unavailable. Our Association golf tournament is that day, and it is mandatory attendance. I missed one once, and Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor made me sit in Frederick the Great office for a whole day, and he subjected me to his humor." 

I will never miss a mandatory meeting/event again.

She didn't know Frederick the Great, "I said I can introduce you."

she said, "No thanks."

Frederick, I tried. 

Well, I am scheduled for the 26th of August for my MRI! 

Have you ever had a time when your patience was tested? How did you handle it?

I have a saying, "It is not the challenge that defines you; it is your response.

Something to ponder,

Blessings,

Roger




   

No comments:

Post a Comment