My Book

My Book

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

I am sweating in a interview

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I was sitting in my office just minding my own business when out of nowhere, one of the staff came in and said, "I am afraid of working out upstairs on the workout floor."

My chappy senses went into high gear. 

I know I might not be the brightest horse near the water, but the fact that she came into my office and said she was afraid to workout upstairs could be code for, "I need to talk."

I said, "Why are you scared to work out upstairs?"

She responded, "Body dysmorphia."

I pretended I knew what dysmorphia was and said, "Why are you afraid of ice cream even if you were? We don't have ice cream upstairs on the workout floor."

She said, "No, you idiot; I have bad body image." 

Still trying to cover my tracks, I said, "I know, I was just testing you."

I don't think she bought it.

I said, "Would it help if I went upstairs with you and we walked the track together?"

She said, "That would be nice."

We walked the track.

We walked and talked.

We talked and walked.

We walked for over 30-minutes. 

In the end, she said she felt much better and asked if we could walk and talk again sometime.

I said, "absolutely!"

I walked back down to my office to get ready for an interview. 

I am sure the other people in the room will be happy that I am sweaty from walking and talking. 

I love what I do.

Being there for people is very rewarding.

Have there been people in your life that would drop what they are doing to spend time with you?

Have you dropped what you are doing to spend time with someone in need?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment