My Book

My Book

Thursday, August 25, 2022

I finally got my blog back!

Good Morning,

I pray the day finds you well. 

I finally got my blog back!

Splash one! 

The “Y” golf tournament has started; Carl (not his real name, but every story goes better with a name attached) and I are at a par three, it is hole #5, and there is water to contend with. 

Splash two! 

So far, there has been a water shot from each foursome. 

My day started early; I was going to wear a kilt to the tourney (Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor had made a deal with me; he would wear one if I would wear one. I chickened out when I got up this morning and put on my shorts; just before I left, I got a text from Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor saying, “I want to see that kilt! So I went back into the bedroom and changed into my kilt. This threw my Morning off. 

I left wearing the kilt, and I had gone 5-miles down the road before I realized I had forgotten my phone, so I turned around and went home to get it. This put me behind; I am that person who, if I arrive 10-minutes early, I am 5-minutes late. I was a bit stressy! 

I arrived right at 7am, and low and behold, there was Frederick the Great! I told him that if I walked up with the Board Chair, I wouldn’t get in trouble. Frederick laughed; we knew he and I had gotten into trouble together. It was more like trouble loves company. 

As I explained my forgetting my phone, Frederick laughed and said, “That’s nothing; I walked around the house this morning for 10-minutes looking for my pants; I finally found them. I was wearing them!” 

We made our grand entrance, and there was Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, not wearing a kilt! Oh, he owes me now! 

We stood there talking to Daryll when suddenly, a golf ball bounced off his chest! He just got hit with a golf ball. Did I mention it isn’t a good idea to hit a sasquatch with a golf ball? Have you ever seen one of those beef jerky commercials with Daryll’s cousin in it? Daryll’s cousin gets to beat up people who do stupid things to a sasquatch. 

Daryll didn’t even say ouch. 

Daryll grabbed a golf cart, who knew he could drive? And we loaded in; Daryll was taking Carl and me to hole number 5, our CFO to hole 15, and one other group to hole number 2. Seven people in a golf cart, more like a clown cart if you ask me. 

We dropped off hole number 2 quickly enough, that is where the adventure began. We must have driven the entire course twice. I told our CFO that I was glad she was our CFO. Math is hard. 

Darryl finely found hole 15 and hole 5. 

Now Carl and I are busy counting balls that go into the water.

The sun is shining, and the air is cool; this will be a great day. 

I have said before, and I will say it again, “It is easy to see God in the puffy clouds of a beautiful blue sky day. The trick is seeing God in the mud puddles, because He is there too.” 

Splash 3. 

Have you seen God in the mud puddles? 

Something to ponder. 

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment