My Book

My Book

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

I am poopy tired this morning!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I drove our Mobile "Y on the Fly" bus to Ridgefield yesterday.

Last night was "National Night Out."

What is "National Night Out"? I am so glad you asked; in fact, I am glad for two reasons:

  1. If you hadn't, I would have nothing more to write about.
  2. I get to tell you about my yesterday!
"National Night Out" Is a community police awareness-raising event held on the first Tuesday of August every year; it is a big event in Ridgefield. 

Darryl, Padme, and I went to the event for two reasons:

  1. To support the community of Ridgefield.
  2. To raise awareness that we are building a brand new "Y" in Ridgefield.
We took our bus.

We took our "Y On The Fly" Canopy

We took our snow cone machine

We took our popcorn machine.

We took games.

We took giveaways.

We took staff to actually do the work.


Darryl was busy talking to dignitaries (Mostly Flo, he is still trying to get her to realize his name is not Bigfoot).

Padme was talking with community stakeholders and spent a considerable amount of time talking to a guy named Anikan, who was running a booth of his own.

I spent a considerable amount of time talking to myself; Have I mentioned it is loud in my head?

The people loved the snow cones.

People loved the popcorn.

People loved the giveaways.

Mostly, People loved that we were building a brand new "Y" in Ridgefield. 

They talked about how awesome the "Y" is. 

They talked about how they can't wait to get their kids into our programs.

They talked about how the "Y" will make their community, which is already great, even greater.

I am so proud of my family in the "Y." They truly are doing good in the communities that we are in.

I got home late.

I am tired this morning.

In the words of my sister, when she would say she was tired, and I would ask, "How tired are you?"

She would say, "I am poopy tired."

I am tired this morning but happy.

I love what I do!

Do you love what you do, and if not, why are you doing it?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment