My Book

My Book

Monday, September 12, 2022

Laurie and I are on our road trip!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Laurie and I are on our road trip! 

I can't tell who is more excited, Laurie and me for being on vacation, or the YMCA for me being on vacation!

It is Sunday evening, and we are at a KOA in Spokane, Wa. We have a cabin and a toilet, which, if you know me at all, is glamping!

We are sitting here waiting for our pizza from River City Pizza to arrive. Best pizza in Spokane, I am told. I googled pizza in Spokane and found that River City Pizza is the only pizza in Spokane; I am a bit dubious of the quality now. 

Not to mention the fact that Darryl has a statue dedicated to him.



As we sit here, me with my bread (darn those carbohydrates) and Laurie with her phone. I started thinking about our last round-up.

People have been talking about the round-up post.

Here are a couple of comments:

  • In Kansas, they don't have falling housing prices; they have falling houses!
  • Be careful, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, he may send the flying monkeys after you.
I wish Frederick the Great had been at the Round-up. he would have been a big help getting people to understand change. Did I mention Frederick the Great is a CPA? CPA's handle change well, or so I am told. 

After the Round-up, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, Darren, Daryll, Natalia, and I went to, and I don't really even know what to call it, this place that had 57 million, 312 thousand, 465 beers on tap under one roof. Surrounding the place that had 57 million, 312 thousand, 465 beers on tap under one roof was a wagon train of food carts in a circle, just like in a John Wayne movie, Wahaa. If you don't know what Wahaa is, ask Padme, and she will tell you. 

My Dad used to tell me, "If I have told you once, I have told you a million times, don't exaggerate!" 

I try my best not to exaggerate, but stories always go better with a bit of embellishment, or so I am told.

Anyway, Daryll found a beer from his heritage, a Sasquatch beer; he ordered the beer and was very proud of himself. 

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor claims he ordered water and that Jesus keeps turning it into wine; I told Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor not to make up stories; that is my job.

Darren ordered this thing with mango in it; I guess it is a California thing. 

Enough about the round-up, Daryll and his Beer, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor and his wine, and Darren and whatever that was he ordered. 

Laurie (Lolo, as the grandkids call her) and I are on our way to South Dakota. I will officiate my niece's wedding, a contract we cemented 15 years ago when she was just a kid. Hannah, yes, that is her real name, looked at me and said, Uncle Roger, when I get married, you are going to marry me! I looked at her lovingly and replied, "Hannah, I am already married, but I will officiate your wedding for you. Words are important.

I am sitting in Spokane, Washington, wearing my Ridgefield Octoberfest t-shirt. Yes, I was officially on vacation as I worked the Y-on-the-fly pop-up tent at the Ridgefield Octoberfest. Introducing Padme to the community as their new E.D. Archibald and the Safety around water program, and Esmerelda as the most incredible membership person ever. 

Lolo and I are on a journey. 

Our Y is on a journey.

Our journeys are much alike. 

We spend our days meeting new people and loving our neighbors. 

I wonder what adventure tomorrow will bring.

Blessings, 
Roger







No comments:

Post a Comment