My Book

My Book

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Turkeys tend to stay at the KOA.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Lolo and I are still at Devil's Tower; this is our last day here as we mosey (it is a Wyoming term) our way to Spearfish, South Dakota. 

Devil's Tower is a really cool place. 

We hiked all over and went to an actual sweat lodge, not to sweat; I have an aversion to sweating, thus the reason I never went upstairs in our "Y," people sweat up there.

One thing I did notice is that there aren't many young people here. We were surrounded by old people. 

  • People complaining about knee replacements
  • People saying things like
    • I hope you're not in a hurry
    • Honey, where are we? I forget?
  • What, I can't take my motorized scooter on the trail?
Here is a picture of an old couple on the trail


Like I said, nothing but old people.

Another interesting tidbit about Devil's Tower is that normal people don't stay at the KOA; it is full of turkeys. Turkeys tend to stay at the KOA.

Here is proof.



I think they were looking for arrowheads; either that or one of them lost their keys.

Seeing the country, the changing topography, meeting all sorts of people, and the variety they bring is good for the soul.

I get to see more of the things that God created. 
The beauty of nature. 
The crankiness of some old people.
The joyfulness of some old people.

As Lolo and I mosey our way to Spearfish, South Dakota, we notice things; a rock formation or the way the sun hits the red dirt. We get to listen to people's stories and hear about their lives. 

I enjoy my life, the life that God gave me. Sure, it hasn't always been easy, and I guess I could have focused on the things that hurt or made me feel bad, but I chose not to. 

There are choices in life, one of which is how you feel and see the world. 

I choose love.
I choose compassion. 

I will continue to work on seeing life through these lenses.

How are you seeing life? What lens are you using?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment