My Book

My Book

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Who Moved my Cheese

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Lolo and I have made it to Missoula Mt. We are getting settled in, and I thought I would take a minute and talk with you.

We left Spokane are 9 am and immediately drove into Courdelane, Idaho; this reminds me of a joke, "Deleware asked Nebraska, 'What is Colorado wearing to the big dance?' Nebraska responded, 'Idaho, Alaska!"

We got to Courdelane, Idaho, and found an Elmer's restaurant to eat breakfast. Lolo loves to regale me with the fact that before she started dating me, she dated Elmer's (Of Elmers Restaurant fame) son. He would drive her around in either his Corvette or his Porsche, take her to Blazer games and sit courtside, along with posh restaurants and stuff.

I just look at her and grin, thinking to myself, "Lolo should have really thought that one through before she traded him in for me." After all, we are driving across the country in a VW and staying in KOA's.

I like taking her to Elmers to eat, I don't know why, but I do.

Before I left on vacation, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor had us read the book Who Moved my Cheese? By Spencer Johnson, it is a book that helps people deal with change. I bet Frederick the Great has already read it. Remember, he is good with change; it is a CPA thing. 

Another person who is good with change is Elizabeth, our CFO. No, Elizabeth is not her real name; in fact, I named her after Elizabeth Montgomery, who played Samantha on the T.V. show Bewitched. 

Why would I name our CFO after a character in Bewitched? Simply because how Elizabeth handles our finances is magical, just say-in.

In his book, Who Moved my Cheese, Dr. Johnson says, "It would be all so easy if you had a map to the maze. If the same old routines worked. If they would just stop moving 'The Cheese.' But things keep changing."

I am reading through his book again, taking in the cheesiness of it all!

I wonder if I will ever be able to completely let go of my cheese, or will I just become Limburger?

I will ponder this for a time.

Do you ever think about this stuff?

Blessings,

Roger


  

No comments:

Post a Comment