My Book

My Book

Thursday, July 30, 2020

I should have taken a left at Albuquerque!

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor is on a road trip!

He is headed to Florida. Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor being Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor I totally expect a call stating he is lost.


The funny thing is that most of us go through life being randomly impacted by things, or that is what we think. 

I often hear in my counselings, "I didn't think that would happen or I didn't see that one coming."

When in fact if they had thought about the possible outcomes at all they surely could have expected the result in one of the options. 

The when they are faced with the outcome they get all goofy and do and say silly things. 

I teach a world religions class at a university and on the first day of class, as we are getting to know each other, I say, "Don't say what you believe. Your actions will tell me what you believe."

It is our core commitments that drive our actions. Our outward actions will tell what we feel inside. 

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Mat 6:21)

While it may be funny to hear Bugs Bunny say, "I should have taken a left at Albuquerque."

Not paying attention to our life's road map may not work out so well.

Here at the "Y" we are trying to figure out just how we are going to look going forward. It is my prayer that we pay special attention to this process. I would hate to get to the end of this process and have Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor say, "I think we should have taken a left at Albuquerque."

In your personal life how are you in relation to Abeuquerque?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment