My Book

My Book

Monday, July 6, 2020

My wife said, "What are you doing?" I said, "I don't know!"

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

My friend Gregg (not his real name...) called. I had not talked with him for a while and it was good to catch up.

I updated him on where I was with my treatments and what will be coming next.

He told me what was going on in his life.

Of course we talked about Corona, no not the beer, although that has come up in the past with us. Having a get together with past graduates at John Barleycorn's has always been a great time, listening to how their lives have changed for the better since their degree.

The other Corona.

Covid-19 sure has changed things; how we do everything in fact, I will save that for later though.

Gregg asked what I had been up to and I said, "Oh the usual, driving my wife nuts."

I told me how everyone says stay home and she says, "Go to work."

I do a lot of puttering, puttering is where you walk around your yard and work on stuff that may need work, or not, depending on the level of puttering you are doing.

Yesterday I was puttering on our stone patio. It is made of large 2"-minus (Landscaping term) stone with pea gravel in between. I removed all the furniture and stuff (stuff is that other crap on the patio that is not furniture, stuff). Took the blower and cleaned off all the debri (leaves, sticks...debri). Then sent Laurie to the store to buy pea gravel and we redid the patio.

After the patio I started in on an old brick retaining wall that was in disrepair.

Laurie said, "What are you doing now?"

I replied, "I don't know."

Puttering.

I get a lot of thinking done when I putter.

I get a lot of listening to God done when I putter.

It is the puttering time that God says things like, "You should feed kids."

Or

"That homeless guy on the that corner by the "Y" needs a friend."

Puttering, if you don't want to hear what God has to say I recommend that you don't putter.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment