My Book

My Book

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Aquatics walk of shame

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I guess yesterday was just my day.

After getting a call from 1988 wanting its socks back. I was going to go lap swimming.

Another innovation brought on by Covid-19 is the development of registering for a lane in the lap pool.

I actually love this addition. I can register for a 30-min time slot in the lap pool and I am guaranteed a lane being available for when I swim. Before Covid-19 it was every person for themselves and honestly sometimes the experience wasn't pleasant. Being able to have a lane dedicated to you for a certain amount of time is really a nice thing, at least I think so.

All you have to do is go on the website, select the day and the time you would like to swim and if there is an open lane register yourself and walla you have a lane.

I was registered for the 2pm time slot and had a 30-min swim window. I got to the pool at 1:55pm so I could get in right at 2pm and maximize my swim.

I stood on the pool deck dripping wet from my shower, the clock hit 2pm and every lane was still full and people did not look like they were getting out.

2:05pm I am still standing on the pool deck waiting, and beginning to dry off.

2:08pm still on the pool deck drying off and heating up!

I go to the Aquatics Director and ask, "When are they getting out? I am scheduled form 2pm-2:30pm."

Matt (the Aquatics Director) looks at the registration sheet and says, "Chappy (that is what I get called thanks to Liz) you aren't on the registration."

I say, "Yes, I am I have a confirmation email."

Matt says, "Let's see it."

We go to my office (yes, I am still in my swim suit) and we pull up the email.

Matt says, "Oh, I see the problem."

I say, "And what is that."

Matt says, "You registered for tomorrow at 2pm."

Oh how wearing socks from 1988 can mess you up!

We are developing a Chaplain Services that came out of the "Y" Cares program we started at Clark. One of the services is to help seniors with the budding Tele-health services that the Doctors are using.

Evidently seniors are having a hard time with the ZOOM meeting portion of the Tele-health platform.

One of our services is to help seniors navigate the Tele-health platform.

I am thinking maybe we should add helping chaplains navigate registering for the lap pool, just say-in.

I got up from my chair in my office (that now is wet from my suit) and made the walk of shame back through the Aquatics department to the changing area, got dressed, walked back through the aquatics department and back to my office.

I sure could have used the Chaplain Services yesterday.

Covid-19 is making us innovate and rethink how we do things.

While the disease is horrible there are good things coming out of it.

I wonder what the "Y" will think of tomorrow?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment