My Book

My Book

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Anny said, "I found a dime on the floor!"

 

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

One of my many jobs as a chaplain is to bother people, or if you prefer, pester. 

When I was in the church, I pestered the whole church. Now, as a chaplain, I pester individual people. Most of the time, I am pestering Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, if for no other reason as to keep Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor from pestering the staff. It is quite the undertaking, one that I do not take lightly. In fact, if I am not available to pester Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, I ask Frederick the Great to pester him. Frederick understands the importance of pestering Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor. Otherwise, Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor busy's himself by running around the "Y" autographing things.   

Today I had some free time, so I decided to pester Anny. Anny was busy doing cash sheets and deposits. Anny was asking me questions about...Hmmm, I forgot; I guess I wasn't listening after all. 

We were talking schedules and meetings and important stuff like that. As we spoke, Anny found a penny that had dropped out of one of the cash bags. 

Anny said, "I am glad I found that before I opened another bag and wondered which one it came out of. It would have driven me nuts!' 

I mentioned how DA used to count the cash while he ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He said that is how he kept his immunity up. 

We had just finished talking, and, as I turned to leave, Anny screamed. I thought she had seen a mouse or a spider by the volume and pitch. 

I turned and said, "What's wrong," as I did my best to balance on the chair I had jumped on. 

Anny said, "I found a dime on the floor!" She had seven cash bags in her hand. 

I looked at her and said, "I am leaving now." 

Anny came out of her office a few minutes later and said, "I found where the dime belongs!" It was as if she had found a Christmas present.

The look on Anny's face reminded me of something I had read somewhere.

"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn't she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. (Luke 15:8-10)

As I think about Christ and how he loves me and all His creation and rejoices when He comes into a relationship with a lost ragamuffin, creating a found and loved ragamuffin, it makes my soul smile. 

Anny's reaction reminded me of that. 

Do you ever see things that remind you how much God loves you?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

p.s. I am so glad that Anny doesn't read this stuff, or she would find out that I had put the dime on the floor:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment