My Book

My Book

Thursday, July 21, 2022

The Missing Bread Incident of 2022

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

So I bet you are wondering about what happened yesterday.

I came into the "Y" with all the intention of talking with you, but God had other plans.

I walked into the "Y", and did the perfunctory, "Hellos, isn't it a nice day? It is so nice to see you...All the stuff that you learn in your 2nd year of Chappy school. I unlocked my office door, and sat down on my bouncy chair, and started my computer; as it was powering up, the power went out in our "Y".." 

The initial power surge fried the computer! 

I spent the first part of the morning calming swimmers that couldn't get in the pool. (No power, no pumps). 

One of the jokes we have in our "Y" is Member Benefits; we like to say, "Your membership dues pay for the chlorine that makes the pool safe to swim in. Because of you, we have plenty of chlorine, so keep peeing in the pool."

Without pumps, no chlorine, without chlorine, well, let's just say the water loses its clear blue complexion.

By the time we got that sorted out, I was hoping my computer would be up and running, with no luck. 

I then went to Open House Ministries, a homeless shelter, and held their Wednesday chapel service; their chaplain was on vacation, so Esmerelda and I went and loved on the residents there. 

When we got back, Padme asked me if I wanted to get a drink; this is code for I need to talk.

I said, "Ok, but it is only 11:30 in the morning. Are the bars open yet?"

Padme said, "No, you idiot (I think idiot is her pet name for me, at least that's what I tell myself, she certainly calls me that a lot), I want a tea." 

By the time I got back from 7-eleven with a Gatorade, she had changed her mind along the way and didn't want her large tea with one Splenda in it anymore. She opted for a Berry Gatorade instead. 

By the time I got back, my computer was up and running. 

Thank you, Sabastian. 

But now we were doing Zoom interviews for an open position at our "Y." 

After we finished the interviews, I thought better late than never, but wait, there's more.

Darryl came and got me needing some advice. Evidently, Progressive Insurance had called and wanted him to do another commercial with Flo. Darryl still has PTSD from the last commercial when Flo called him Bigfoot!

I told Darryl that was then; this is now, and I am sure Flo won't make the same mistake again, and if she does, politely explain how that is offensive and not call you that. 

Darryl felt much better; I can't wait to see his next commercial.

At 6pm, I finally sat down and wrote the bread. 

I had written it on God's Calendar vs. My Calendar.

The essence was how I might have a day where my calendar is full of stuff that I think is important. Still, God has a day planned packed full of truly important things, and how if you are attuned to Him, you not only see His calendar day for you but are willing to put your calendar aside and do His will. 

I finished with, "Does God ever show you His calendar with things for you to do, and do you put your calendar down and use His calendar, or just see it and say, I am too busy with my stuff today?"

Something to Ponder. 

I had finished writing the bread, excited to hear your thoughts. 

Before I pushed the send button on the bread, the front desk needed my help, so I went to the front desk. 

When I got back, there was Frederick the Great.

Frederick the Great ate my Bread!

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment