My Book

My Book

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Where oh where are you tonight?

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I walked into the "Y" this morning and realized I hadn't seen Larry or Jane for a while.

It has been a busy summer, and I knew they had gone on vacation, but I also thought they had returned. 

I asked the front desk to look them up in daxko for me; I would have done it myself, but as we all know, "Y" computers are a bit slow booting up, and it is Thursday, after all. By the time my computer came to life, I would have forgotten why I had started it in the first place, besides; besides, by next Monday, I would be somewhere else. 

BlueBell was at the front desk and found that Larry and Jane had not checked in for 21-days! I was going upstairs to work out, and bluebell dialed the phone to call them. 

I was 20-minutes into my workout when low and behold, Larry walked onto the workout floor! 

I said, "Larry, where have you been?"

Larry responded in true Larry fashion, "Well, evidently, I wasn't here."

he then went into his summer. He had a jam-packed summer with family in town and taking trips. 

We talked about things and about our prayer team meeting. Yes, Larry and Jane are part of our prayer team that prays for people all over the world. 

I told Larry that he needed to check in once in a while. I said that I thought I was on Hee Haw.

Larry said, "Hee Haw, why Hee  Haw?"

So I sang him this song:



Larry just shook his head, looked at the healthy living person, and said, "Did Roger fall off the treadmill again?"

They both laughed; I didn't; it hurts when you fall off a treadmill. Not that I ever did, Hmmm.

One thing that sets the "Y" apart is that we notice when you aren't here. 

We miss our "Y" family and check on them. 

We truly care.

Do you have someone that you haven't seen for a while? 

Have you thought about checking in on them?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

Frederick, if you don't call me soon, I am going to drive down to your office and sing Where oh where are you tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment