My Book

My Book

Monday, April 6, 2020

God in the Mudpuddles

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Well there is no getting around it, we are in dark times.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic. As I look at the screen I see we have more than 1.3 million cases worldwide with 71,000 confirmed deaths. As bad as this sounds the death rate will go up as the rate is underreported so far. The United States alone has just gone over 10,000 confirmed deaths.

As I said earlier, there is no getting around it, we are in dark times.

It would be easy to go down a dark path.

It would be easy to be all gloom and doom.

For those of you that have lost a loved one to this terrible disease, I grieve with you. Never hear that I am discounting your loss. It is in these times where it will be hard, very hard, nay I say, near impossible to see and hear God.

Even though you/we may not be able to hear or see God in this moment, please know that He hears and sees us.

Even though we may refuse to be comforted, He is here to comfort us. God is working in the darkness.

Even though the noise of our grief deafens us, He is here to talk with us; more importantly listen to us. God is a miracle worker.

Even though our pain blinds us to seeing Him, He sees us and sits with us. God is light in the darkness.

These are dark times.

I often wonder how much darker these times would be if God wasn't here to help me through it.

I have often said, "If God is in the puffy clouds and blue sky of a sunny day, then He is also in the mudpuddles of a rainy one."

For me it is easy to see God in the puffy clouds and blue sky of a sunny day. What I must continually do is look for Him in the mudpuddles too.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment