My Book

My Book

Monday, April 20, 2020

I will work on my BIBO today, I hope you will join me

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I got up this morning and wondered what I would do today? I opened up the YMCA page in my browser and saw that there were a lot of options. The options were virtually limitless (did you notice how I snuck the word virtual in there, that was on purpose.)

Oh the times, they are a changing.

On T.V.:
-We have doctors on one channel saying to stay home, and doctors on another channel to leave the house.
-We have journalist that are so busy telling us what they think, that they aren't really reporting anything anymore.
-We have television celebrities acting as if they have a PHD in the subject they are discussing.

It is no wonder why people are confused, anxious, angry...the list goes on.

I haven't even started with the politicians yet.

In the midst of all this we have our YMCA. Your YMCA is busy checking on you; doing its best to provide classes,and points of connection so that we can come together and get through this.

The YMCA is a beacon of light amidst the darkness that seems to surround us.

I really don't watch the news much anymore. I see it for what it is.

I would rather watch a video on how to make a pirate hat, or Tressa's workouts.

I talked the other day about "What is in your cup?"

When I watch a YMCA video, or take a virtual class I see things like love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service spilling out of the cup of the YMCA.

I see good things.

When I watch big network news the things I see spilling out of their cup is very different and frankly not very appealing.

The other day I talked about what you put in your cup is what comes out.

It is easy to see what the staff of the YMCA is putting into their cups, because of what we see coming out.

It is also easy to see what the big box news is putting into their cups as well.

What are you putting into your cup?

You have heard the term GIGO, garbage in garbage out.

Have you heard the term BIBO? Beautiful in Beautiful out.

I will work on my BIBO today, I hope you will join me.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment