My Book

My Book

Friday, April 10, 2020

Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Bonnie, (you know, the one that uses an English accent to say Roger) sent this to me yesterday. It is so good that I thought I would share it and leave it at that. I do not know the original author, if I did I would give the person the credit they so richly deserve.

Here you go, and thank you Bonnie.

You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you, or shakes your arm, making you spill coffee everywhere.

Why did you spill the coffee?

"because someone bumped into me!"

Wrong answer.

You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup. Had there been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.

"Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out."

Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you is what will come out. It's easy to fake it, until you get rattled.

So we have to ask ourselves, "what's in my cup?"

When life gets tough, what spills over?

Joy, gratefulness, peace, and humility?

Anger, bitterness, harsh words, and reactions?

Life provides the cup. You choose how to fill it.

Today, let's work towards filling our cup with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmations, and kindness, gentleness, and love towards others.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment