My Book

My Book

Thursday, April 2, 2020

The question is not what you look at, but what you see

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

My world has shrunk lately. I do not get out as much as I used to. As I have talked about, I walk around the property that surrounds my house. It would be easy to become accustomed to seeing the same thing over and over again.

The same mudpuddle.

The same blades of grass.

Trees, shrubs, birds, bugs, neighbors (at a distance of course)…

As I walked around the property, sometimes with my canoe for a hat. I would look around.

Another Henry David Thoreau quote came to mind; it seems as if I perseverate (A friend taught me that word) on Thoreau lately.

"The question is not what you look at but what you see."

What is it that you see?

Sometimes, I wonder what I am not seeing that God would like me to see.

I do love Dr. Seuss!

"Even though you can't see or hear them all, a person's a person no matter how small."

When I put Thoreau and Seuss together I get, “If at first you don’t see anything, keep looking. God may show you something big, no matter how small it is.”

I will continue to walk around the property, sometimes wearing my canoe for a hat, keeping my eyes open to see things that God wants to show me.

What has God been showing you?

Something to think about.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment