My Book

My Book

Friday, June 5, 2020

Something I learned from Toy Story

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You got troubles and I got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
'Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me.

For some reason I woke up this morning with "Toy Story" running around in my head.

For so long Woody (there is a snake in my boot) was the head sheriff of the toys in the room. He had a nice gal (Little boo-peep) and life was good. Then a new toy came to town, Buzz lightyear!

Woody and Buzz didn't see eye to eye right off the bat but after truly getting to know one another they became fast friends, and the song was born.

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You got troubles and I got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
'Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me.

I like to say to people, "You may know my name, but you don't really know me." When we take the time to really get to know one another, all our faults, all our foibles, when we understand the why's behind the what's, Grace can come in and we have the opportunity to become friends.

There are troubles out in the world today; there always has been and there always will be.

But you've got a friend in me.

If we stick together we can see them through, cause you've got a friend in me.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment