My Book

My Book

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Sometimes I just fall out of a canoe.

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Yesterday after my day on the Dairy Farm I wasn't feeling so good, so I went canoeing.

I got home grabbed the canoe, my wife, my dog and all the sundry stuff that goes along with canoeing: paddles are important, life jackets, special blanky for the dog, water to drink (something the Native Americans didn't have to worry about because their lake water was fine to drink.), and some snacks.

We headed to the lake for a nice relaxing canoe on a nice evening.

My Chemo had run a bit long as the vein in my left arm gave out and we had to switch to my right arm to finish the treatment, or should I say poisoning.

The evening was nice and the water was calm. It is easy to social distance from others in a canoe. You can even social distance from your wife with a 17' canoe.

Everything was great until...

Until we had come back to shore and were disembarking; you get out of a car but you disembark from a boat, something I learned in the Navy.

We did something that only happens once in a while.

As I got out of the canoe my foot slipped and I tipped over the canoe. We were only in 6" of water, canoes float in very shallow water. It was still a quick rollover and quite unexpected. Ben, our dog was launched to shore, he didn't even get wet. Laurie and I fell out and got drenched. all of our sundries fell out too.

Of course there is nothing better during a clumsy disaster than witnesses. We had a good ten people to witness this unchoreographed event.

Laurie was not happy. I could only laugh.

Dancing with God isn't always pretty, in fact sometimes I step on His toes.

Sometimes I just fall out of a canoe.

As I go through my life, and I twirl in my dance, sometimes it is pretty and neat. Sometimes it is clumsy and messy.

It is still my dance with God.

How is your dance with Him.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment